Mortal Kombat: Rebirth
Yesterday an 8-minute trailer of what is supposedly the next Mortal Kombat film hit the web. It’s actually a demo reel created by director Kevin Tancharoen to pitch his idea for a reboot to Warner Bros. A gritty, R-rated, guts spilling incarnation more like the game and less like the far-fetched films that most of us have forgotten about. It looks impressive.
In this trailer:
- Jacks is played by Michael Jai White (Spawn, Blood & Bone)
- Sonya Blade is played by Jeri Ryan (Star Trek: Voyager)
- Baraka is played by Lateef Crowder (Undisputed III)
- Scorpion is played by Ian Anthony Dale (Tekken)
- Johnny Cage is played by martial artist Matt Mullins